Friday, August 27, 2010

4 Mile Treadmill Run

I had been on a good roll with the side stitches, but they came back last night with a vengeance. They did start to taper off at about mile 2.5 of my 4 mile run, but they had already done the damage to my overall time. I think that my time last night on the treadmill was 4 miles in 54+ minutes, so the side stitches added probably a whole five minutes of walking to my run, which actually doesn’t sound that bad. I suppose it’s just that a lot of that first half of the run was rather painful.

I signed up to run in a spur of the moment 5K tomorrow morning, which should be fun. It’s really laid back with no timing and I’m not even sure if I get a t-shirt with my entry fee or not. We are visiting my parents this weekend and the race is in their neighborhood, so we all went ahead and signed up as a family. I am really looking forward to spending some time with them getting out and being active and may even talk my 10-year old brother into running with us. I am not however looking forward to the big 180-ft hill that I have to run up, turn around and run back down during the first mile of the race. I have big plans for this 5K though; if I can make it to the top of the hill then I have a very good chance of running the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment