Monday, August 23, 2010

New Running Shoes


So after two mediocre runs last week and having to run with a numb foot twice I decided to go get fitted for running shoes this past weekend. I ended up taking home a new pair of Mizuno Wave Inspires and I was excited to try them out on a longer run than just around the block.

This weekend went by quickly and I managed to make it to the gym at the last minute at 8:00 pm Sunday night. Since it was so late I decided to just do one of my shorter runs and save the long run for later (probably today or tomorrow). I was actually really happy with my run last night, which is a huge relief after a rough week last week. This was the first run that I have ever done without a side stitch and because of that I was able to run 2.25 miles without stopping!! If there hadn’t been a commercial on every single channel at the gym I might have been able to push through it and run the whole 3.1 miles. This makes me really pumped about my progress and I’m excited about tackling this upcoming 10K in two weeks.

Although thanks to the shoes it actually felt more comfortable to run, I was a little disappointed in my time. I ran a 5K in 38:05 minutes, which I suppose is still about 35 seconds faster than my official 5K time from 6 weeks ago. I guess it just felt like I was running faster than I was!! I’m still really itching to get out there on the road and run again, and with morning temps in the upper 60’s this week I might just get that opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment