Thursday, August 5, 2010

4 Miles in 51:20 Minutes

So after realizing that it was going to be 79º first thing in the morning, I decided to go ahead and get my longest run knocked out on the treadmill this week. I set the pace at 5.0mph, set the incline at 1% and set my iPhone to another episode of Glee. This was actually one of my more enjoyable runs that I’ve had so far. I only had one little side stitch about 17 minutes in and after walking for about 1 minute or two it went away and didn’t come back at all.

I ran about 1.5 miles, then walked for probably 2 minutes and the rest of run was pretty much run between .5 and .75 miles and walk for a minute or two to catch my breath and give my knees a break from the treadmill. I felt like I pushed the proper amount today and was happy with my time, I clocked 3.1 miles a little slower than my 5K time but right in the same ballpark.

The only thing that concerns me about continuing to run on the treadmill is the fact that my knees and ankles were sore yesterday after running Tuesday. They haven’t been sore like that previously, but I also ran both of my 4 mile runs on the treadmill so it’s hard to tell what the culprit is. After my scheduled 5 mile run this weekend I should be able to tell if I need new shoes or I just need to run on the pavement instead of the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment