Wednesday, August 18, 2010

6 Mile Shuffle

So my 6 mile run this week wasn’t particularly graceful. It took me all of 1:19:55 and I hit the 4 mile mark about 3 minutes slower than I had been running it (4 miles took be about 53 minutes to finish this time). I had set the treadmill slower than normal, but I realized after about two miles that the belt was moving faster than it should have been. So I was working a lot harder for what I thought was a slower pace, which was probably what threw me off. I walked more than normal today and got tired quicker than I have been used to.

Things started to get really hard after I hit 4.5 miles and I probably walked a whole third of the remaining 1.5 miles. I was especially worn down after hitting the 5.25 mile mark and walked the whole next lap before finishing out strong-ish. My muscles were definitely wearing down and my knees and ankles were rebelling. My right shoe was apparently too tight because my foot was numb for a good portion of the last mile. I suppose the good news is, is that I woke up the next morning with only a little bit of stiffness and a huge appetite! I also realized that maybe I really do need shoes with better support if I’m going to continue to run for over an hour at a time. My husband got fitted for shoes last week and he is thrilled with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment